Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Samstag, 2. Oktober 2010

Isla's Daybook



Outside my Window...it is dark and wet. It was raining earlier; I think it stopped now. It's also quite chilly. I turned the radiator on a bit - have to get used to the drop in temperature, yet. ;-)

I am thinking...about the sewing that I wanted to get done. It is a lovely dress for my little one - and I have already prepared the fabric, cut the pieces, etc., but for some reason it isn't happening. :-/ In the meantime I am knitting the kindergarten-bag that I am also going to felt in the washing machine.

I am thankful for...
all the help I am receiving in these uncertain times. I am going to start University at the end of this month and our life is going to change a lot!

From the kitchen...there is damsen cake waiting on a plate, and yummy chicken soup that I will eat in a minute.

I am wearing...pink pyjamas. :-P

I am reading...'The fiery cross' by Diana Gabaldon; nice book, but taking a looooooooong time to read due to loads of super-thin pages. 'The Charlotte Mason Companion' by Karen Andreola; an excellent and inspiring book about Charlotte Mason's education philosophy.

I am hearing...Kate Rusby singing the song 'Cruel'.

One of my favorite things...lighting candles, smelling deliciously spicy tea, cuddling up to my youngest daughter in bed, listening to George Winston's piano playing, writing when the house is quiet, chatting with friends over tea, spending alone-time with my Creator, porcinos and pumpkins, collecting conkers with the kids, ...

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Month...
- preparing for life as a student
- getting my sewing done
- finish my knitting projects
- go for some adventures with the kids :-)


A picture I'd like to share with you...

3 Kommentare:

  1. Liebe Isla,
    die Idee Deines Daybooks gefällt mir sehr! Ist das Deine Erfindung? Dürfte ich es für mich übernehmen?
    Liebe Grüsse, Martina

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Du kannst es gern übernehmen, Martina.
    Ich hatte es ursprünglich auf einem anderen Blog entdeckt, allerdings ein bisschen abgewandelt und auch ein anderes Bild verwendet.
    Ich werde die Kategorien vielleicht auch nochmal verändern...

    Ich wünsche Dir viel Spaß mit dem Daybook! :-)

    AntwortenLöschen