Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2009

Autumn Joy


Autumn used to be my favourite season of the year.
It still is...somehow...though I love all four of them for one reason or another, autumn has something very special. The transition of lots of outdoor time in summer to more indoor-time in autumn, hot days to chilly ones, drinking ice-tea to sipping hot chocolate, eating ice-cream to enjoying a hot bowl of soup, and not to mention the change of the green summer foliage to the multicolor autumn scenery is enchanting and magical.

When I was a teen I used to love this season. I remember taking our dog for a walk, in the evening darkness and quietness. Walking out of the village to the open fields. Wrapped up warm and cozy. Clear starry sky above me. The fallen leaves rustling under my shoes.
The atumn air smells damp and aromatic and even if the rain is falling, the sky is grey, the wind is blowing and it is nippy outside - autumn for me has something very romantic and special.

I wonder how my kids feel about this season. I haven't asked them but I can see their excitement when they are gathering conkers and collecting hazlenuts, running and playing in those leaves and sending maple seeds flying, when they are looking with amazement at all the different colours in nature and are discovering mushrooms they have never seen before.
It's magical! :-)


* by the pond today *




* Lisa on a tree. Jamie climbed on one, too. And yes - he did fall into the water. But only one side of him got wet and he didn't drown, thank goodness.;-) *

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen